How long does grass take to grow? Now your kids can find out with this super cute grass head activity.
Pair of tights or stockings
Colourful pipe cleaner
- Firstly cut your tights, enough to form a soil head at the feet end and a length long enough to touch the bottom of your jar.
- Put a small covering of seeds in to your tights. Then add your soil, enough to form a head to sit on top of your chosen jar.
- With your hands mould it in to a ball shape, making sure your seeds are still at the top.
- When you are happy tie a knot to hold it in place.
- Insert a small pebble in to the opening and tie another know to secure, this is to weight your loose end in the water.
- Fill your jar with water and place your head on top, with the tail pebble end touching the bottom of the jar.
- Now the fun part, the kids get to decorate their grass head, with googly eyes and pipe cleaner for its mouth. If they want to get really creative they can even decorate the jar.